Performances and Teaching
- As always, I’m playing with pianist Ann Reynolds at Serafina Restaurant – March 13thand 27th (6:30pm – 9:00pm)
- One of my combos that I’ve been teaching will perform at the Jazz Night School Winter Session Concert at the Royal Room – March 11th (5:00pm-7:00pm)
- After its first successful concert, my big band will be playing at Crossroads Bellevue – March 26th (7:00pm-9:00pm) [you can come see me frantically juggle the hats of playing bass, directing, and emceeing]
- Incidentally, I’ll be playing a week later at Crossroads with Seattle Women’s Jazz Orchestra (SWOJO) – April 2nd (same time)
- In addition to teaching a Level 1 Combo, Jazz Lab, and Bass Lessons, I will be teaching a new class at Jazz Night School: “The Art of Practicing Jazz—for Busy People!” on Saturdays from 2:00pm-3:00pm. For full description, see above link.
- I’m putting the final touches on 5 Minute Jazz Bass, Session 1: Getting Started Constructing Basslines. This session is based on questions posed to me by many of my bassists (and several non-bassists interested in constructing basslines on their own instruments). I’m very excited about launching the 5 Minute Jazz Bass series!
- I’m continuing my ongoing project of developing and refining my brand. I’ve been playing around with graphics and descriptions. I’ve been continually mentored my mom, who’s gotten really into researching various aspects of branding. It’s gotten to the point where I’m recommending to others to talk to her about this topic. I’m also excited to see my brand (and corresponding blog/website) take shape.